Recently, we explained why AI is sánh important, and we discussed how to lớn launch a career in artificial intelligence, and here we’re going to lớn explore how AI actually works.
Bạn đang xem: artificial intelligence is the technology that allows
As part of this discussion, we’ll cover what artificial intelligence is, what fields or disciplines AI uses, what technologies are involved in AI operations, and how AI solutions are being applied in the modern economy.
After you’ve learned all about how AI really works, fill out our information request khuông to lớn receive additional details about CSU Global’s 100% online Master’s Degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, or if you’re ready to lớn get started, submit your application today.
What Actually Is Artificial Intelligence?
Before we can explain how AI works, let’s first define what AI is:
Artificial Intelligence is a technology that allows machines and computer applications to lớn mimic human intelligence, learning from experience via iterative processing and algorithmic training.
You can think of AI as being a khuông of intelligence that is used to lớn solve problems, come up with solutions, answer questions, make predictions, or offer strategic suggestions.
Because AI can vì thế all these things, it’s become incredibly important to lớn modern businesses and other types of organizations.
What is AI Really Doing?
AI systems work by combining large sets of data with intelligent, iterative processing algorithms to lớn learn from patterns and features in the data that they analyze.
Each time an AI system runs a round of data processing, it tests and measures its own performance and develops additional expertise.
Because AI never needs a break, it can lập cập through hundreds, thousands, or even millions of tasks extremely quickly, learning a great giảm giá in very little time, and becoming extremely capable at whatever it’s being trained to lớn accomplish.
But the trick to lớn understanding how AI truly works is understanding the idea that AI isn’t just a single computer program or application, but an entire discipline, or a science.
The goal of AI science is to lớn build a computer system that is capable of modeling human behavior sánh that it can use human-like thinking processes to lớn solve complex problems.
To accomplish this objective, AI systems utilize a whole series of techniques and processes, as well as a vast array of different technologies.
By looking at these techniques and technologies, we can begin to lớn really understand what AI actually does, and thus, how it works, sánh let’s take a look at those next.
Xem thêm: bài đoàn thuyền đánh cá
What Disciplines Make Up the Field of AI?
There are many different components to lớn an AI system, which you can think of as sub-fields of the overarching science of artificial intelligence.
Each of the following fields is commonly utilized by AI technology:
- Machine Learning - A specific application of AI that lets computer systems, programs, or applications learn automatically and develop better results based on experience, all without being programmed to lớn vì thế sánh. Machine Learning allows AI to lớn find patterns in data, uncover insights, and improve the results of whatever task the system has been mix out to lớn achieve.
- Deep Learning - A specific type of machine learning that allows AI to lớn learn and improve by processing data. Deep Learning uses artificial neural networks which mimic biological neural networks in the human brain to lớn process information, find connections between the data, and come up with inferences, or results based on positive and negative reinforcement.
- Neural Networks - A process that analyzes data sets over and over again to lớn find associations and interpret meaning from undefined data. Neural Networks operate lượt thích networks of neurons in the human brain, allowing AI systems to lớn take in large data sets, uncover patterns amongst the data, and answer questions about it.
- Cognitive Computing - Another important component of AI systems designed to lớn imitate the interactions between humans and machines, allowing computer models to lớn mimic the way that a human brain works when performing a complex task, lượt thích analyzing text, speech, or images.
- Natural Language Processing - A critical piece of the AI process since it allows computers to lớn recognize, analyze, interpret, and truly understand human language, either written or spoken. Natural Language Processing is critical for any AI-driven system that interacts with humans in some way, either via text or spoken inputs.
- Computer Vision - One of the prolific uses of AI technologies is the ability to lớn review and interpret the nội dung of an image via pattern recognition and deep learning. Computer Vision lets AI systems identify components of visual data, lượt thích the captchas you’ll find all over the trang web which learn by asking humans to lớn help them identify cars, crosswalks, bicycles, mountains, etc.
What Technology Does AI Require?
AI isn’t new, but its widespread application and utility have skyrocketed in recent years thanks to lớn considerable improvements in technology.
In fact, the explosive growth of AI’s scale and value is closely related to lớn recent technological improvements, including:
- Larger, More Accessible Data Sets - AI thrives on data, and has grown in importance alongside the rapid increase of data, along with better access to lớn data. Without developments lượt thích “The Internet of Things”, which produces a huge amount of data from connected devices, AI would have far fewer potential applications.
- Graphical Processing Units - GPUs are one of the key enablers of AI’s rising value, as they are critical to lớn providing AI systems with the power to lớn perform millions of calculations needed for interactive processing. GPUs provide the computing power needed for AI to lớn rapidly process and interpret big data.
- Intelligent Data Processing - New and more advanced algorithms allow AI systems to lớn analyze data faster and at multiple levels simultaneously, helping those systems analyze data sets far faster sánh they can better and more quickly understand complex systems and predict rare events.
- Application Programming Interfaces - APIs allow AI functions to lớn be added to lớn traditional computer programs and software applications, essentially making those systems and programs smarter by enhancing their ability to lớn identify and understand patterns in data.
How is AI Being Applied?
To fully get how AI works, it’s also important to lớn understand where and how it’s actually being applied.
Fortunately, there are many examples of AI’s use in the modern economy, including:
- Retail - AI systems are being consulted to lớn design more effective store layouts, handle stock management, and provide shopping suggestions, lượt thích via Amazon’s “You May Also Like” recommendations.
- Healthcare - AI technology has been trained to lớn provide personalized medicine, including giving reminders about when patients need to lớn take their medicine and suggestions for specific exercises they should perform to lớn improve their recovery from injuries.
- Manufacturing - AI solutions help forecast load and demand for factories, improving their efficiency, and allow factory managers to lớn make better decisions about ordering materials, completion timetables, and other logistics issues.
- Life Sciences - AI intelligence is actively applied to lớn review complex data sets that are useful in testing new medicines, helping life science organizations get effective medicines to lớn market faster.
- Finance - AI tools are being leveraged to lớn detect and prevent fraudulent financial transactions, provide more accurate assessments than thở traditional credit scores can, and automate all sorts of data-related tasks that were handled manually.
Why Should You Consider Studying AI?
AI technologies are being developed and applied to lớn virtually every industry, helping improve results, automate processes, and enhance organizational performance.
The AI industry itself is growing rapidly, with the International Data Corporation (IDC) reporting that the AI market, “including software, hardware, and services, is forecast to lớn grow 16.4% year over year in 2021 to lớn $327.5 billion.”
Top jobs in the field also tend to lớn come with great salaries, with Glassdoor reporting that the average salary for AI engineers is $127,303 and $146,521 for AI development professionals.
If you’re interested in pushing the boundaries of computer technology and you want to lớn launch a career in a field that’s growing, and pays well, then AI may be the perfect opportunity.
Why Should You Study AI With CSU Global?
CSU Global’s online Master’s Degree program in AI and Machine Learning offers an excellent opportunity to lớn develop your skills, knowledge, and abilities in this competitive field.
Our AI and machine learning program is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and widely respected by industry professionals, while CSU Global itself is a recognized industry leader in online education, having recently earned several important awards, including:
Xem thêm: cách giải phương trình lớp 8
- A #10 ranking for Best Online Colleges for ROI from OnlineU.
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges & Schools in Colorado from Best Accredited Colleges.
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges in Colorado from Best Colleges.
We also offer competitive tuition rates and a Tuition Guarantee to lớn ensure that your tuition rate won’t increase from enrollment through graduation.
To get additional details about our fully accredited, 100% online Master’s in AI and Machine Learning program, please give us a gọi at 800-462-7845, or fill out our Information Request Form.
Ready to lớn get started today? Apply now!